School Sporting Program
The GC. Compound offers students access to one of the largest sporting complexes specifically designed for use by skate-boarders, BMX riders, mountain bikers, scooter riders, roller-skaters and roller-bladers in Australia. The GC. Compound is an innovative concept that targets an existing and growing market. The focus of The GC. Compound business is to support youth in the community by providing them with a constructive and safe way to spend their spare time and stay healthy and active.
We at The GC. Compound would like to offer our facility as an alternative sporting venue for selected students. For a special price of $10 per student per session we will provide a supervised, safe, controlled environment in which students can train and develop their skills. In future with more school adopting this sports facility we hope to hold regular competitions with seating available for 400 people this would be a perfect all weather venue to show case students abilities.`
- Professionally run and supervised Facility.
- Great value, normal 3 hour session only $15.
- Community based activity.
- Fully fitted out tool stand for maintenance of bikes, scooters etc
- Access to food and drink/water at all times.
- Provide much needed activities for local community.
- Provide positive role models.
- All ages catered for.
- All abilities from beginners to professional.
- Provide job opportunities to locals.
- Opportunities to perform in competitions.
- Riders can gain sponsorships
- National and International venue for competitions
- Provide gifted riders with much needed facilities to safely develop their skills/tricks for competitions.
- All weather facility, centrally located.
- Safe and easy access to park.
- Resi matt for safety.
- Three of largest foam pits in Australia (6m x 8m).
- Promote positive culture through sport.
- Promote healthy lifestyles.
- Adds to Local tourism interstate visitors etc.
- Promote and encourage safe riding, helmet use, protective pads etc
- Professionally constructed quality ramps.
- Park continually monitored by CCTVC
- Staff are first aid qualified and hold current Blue cards.
- Every rider must have a signed waiver by their parent/guardian and is on the GC. Compound system before riding at The Compound .
- All riders will respect each other, staff and the facilities.
- Any poor behavior will be recorded and will result in that person being excluded in the future..
- Important to notified staff about any existing medical concerns or recent injuries that may affect riding.
- All riders must have a secure well fitted helmet and wear this at all times except when resting on the stadiums.
- Highly recommended to wear pads and mouth guard when riding.
- Swearing, bullying and intimidation of others at The Compound will not be tolerated.
- No glass items are to be brought to The Compound.
- chewing gum graffiti or vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Ask staff if you need assistance or help while riding in the park.
- Students need to verbally indicate they have understood the conditions of entry and will abide by them at all times.
- Notify staff if you see any damage or hazards while in the park.
- Do not cut off other riders
- Do not jump in front of other riders wait your turn.
- Be courteous and respectful to others and they will be respectful of you.
Before you begin all riders must spend 5-10 minutes of stretching and general riding around park to warm their bodies and become accustomed to the layout of the park.
- Bar ends fitted (compulsory)
- In good mechanical working order (compulsory)
- Bar ends fitted. (compulsory)
- In good mechanical working order (compulsory)
Must be in good working order and students should be able to control their boards around the park. Do not let the board out of your control as this can cause an injury with other riders.
Wear appropriate fitting clothing that allows you to move and also offers some protection if you fall also it is recommended that you bring along a spare tea shirt to use after riding.
Everyone must wear appropriate footwear for added protection no sandals, thongs or open toed shoes etc.
- In case of injury seek assistance immediately.
- Make sure staff have your epi pens, inhalers etc if you have them.
- Drink plenty of fluids and rest when needed. Water supplied free to all students.
Foam pit rules
- Always wear a helmet and protective equipment to maximize safety.
- Mouth guards are highly recommended when jumping into foam pit.
- Wait until foam pit is totally empty before you begin your jump.
- Exit foam pit as quickly as possible and move off ramp.
- No standing in or around foam pit to take pictures or videos.
- Only one person at a time to enter the foam pit.
- Do not throw your scooter/bike/skateboard as this can cause serious injury to yourself or others.
- Take turns to jump into foam pit report any person who pushes in or doesn't follow the rules.
- Always ride to your ability
To Inquire about having GC. Compound as a part of your school program email us email@example.com